Rolling casters may be the unsung heroes of office chairs, but they are vital to the smooth operation of almost any chair that has wheels.
Sure, you can get along just fine with cheap plastic casters for chairs, but if you want your work space to feel truly comfortable, you will have to upgrade the wheels on your office chair sooner or later.
This guide will explain which wheeled casters are best and why, so you can feel confident in making an informed choice when choosing the right wheeled casters for your office chairs.
So which caster wheels for office chairs are none-plastic?
The Heavy Duty Chair Wheels by Lifelong are some of the best non-plastic caster wheels out there. They’re made of a tough nylon material that can handle up to 650 lbs of weight, making them perfect for office chairs. Plus, they have a smooth rolling action and come with a warranty, so you can be sure they’ll last.
Why do I recommend these wheels?
1. They’re made of a durable material that will last long.
2. They’re designed to protect your floors from scratches.
3. They’re easy to install and don’t require any special tools.
4. They won’t slip or slide on your floor, no matter what type of flooring you have.
5. They’re quiet, so you won’t disturb your coworkers when you’re rolling around the office.
6. They come in a variety of colors to match your chair or décor.
7. They’re affordable and will save you money in the long run because you won’t have to replace them as often as plastic wheels. 8. You can easily find them online (in case you forget to buy new ones at an office supply store).
9. They’re eco-friendly and are made with recyclable materials, which is good for the environment.
10. If you use a wheelchair or other mobility device, these wheels work great too! The casters are compatible with all types of surfaces, so they won’t get stuck or make it difficult to move around like some other casters might do.
11. With these non-plastic caster wheels installed on your chairs, it’ll be easier than ever before to get up off the ground if you happen to fall over! And they’re strong enough to carry heavy loads of equipment.
12. They look great on modern and antique furniture alike, so these wheels would also make a perfect gift for anyone who has an eye for style!
13. Did I mention that you can also purchase replacement parts if anything happens?
14. These are truly the best caster wheels out there: one set comes with four rubber casters– two large and two small– plus installation hardware and instructions; order now and start enjoying the benefits immediately!
How much do they cost?CLICK HERE TO CHECK THE CURRENT PRICE ON AMAZON
You can find non-plastic caster wheels for office chairs online or at some stores that sell office furniture. They typically range in price from $30 to $60. If you have a large office or plan on using your chair frequently, it’s worth investing in a higher-quality set of wheels.
Otherwise, you can probably get by with a cheaper pair. Look for wheels that are made of metal or another durable material and have a smooth surface. Avoid plastic wheels, as they’re more likely to break and can damage your flooring.
Where can I get it?CLICK HERE TO BUY ON AMAZON
Amazon is a great place to start your search for the best non-plastic caster wheels for office chairs. They have a wide selection of options to choose from, and you can read customer reviews to get an idea of which ones might be right for you. Plus, they offer free shipping on many items, so you can save money on your purchase.
Get The Right Size
You’ll need to make sure you get the right size caster wheels for your office chair. The last thing you want is to have to return them because they’re too big or too small.
To measure, simply remove one of the current wheels from your chair and measure the diameter of the hole in the center. Most standard caster wheels are about 2 inches in diameter, but it’s always best to double-check before ordering.
How to Care For Your Wheel Set
Just like any other type of furniture in your office, your chair casters will need to be cleaned and maintained on a regular basis. Here are five tips to keep your caster wheels in top condition:
1. Remove dirt and debris with a soft cloth or brush. Be sure to get in all the nooks and crannies.
2. Use a mild soap and warm water solution to clean the wheels. Avoid harsh chemicals which can damage the finish.
3. Dry the wheels thoroughly after cleaning to prevent rusting or water spots.
4. Apply a light coat of WD-40 or another lubricant to keep the wheels rolling smoothly.
5. Periodically check the wheels for wear and tear, such as cracks or chips in the plastic or metal.
Plastic Vs. Rubber Wheels
When it comes to office chair caster wheels, there are two main types of materials that they are made from: plastic and rubber. Each has its own set of benefits and drawbacks that you should take into consideration before making a purchase.
Stainless Steel Screws
If you’re looking for the best non-plastic caster wheels for office chairs, stainless steel screws are the way to go. They’re strong and durable, so they won’t break easily. Plus, they’re rust-resistant, so you won’t have to worry about them corroding over time.
There are a lot of different factors to consider when choosing the best non-plastic caster wheels for office chairs. But, ultimately, the decision comes down to personal preference. If you want a caster wheel that is durable and long lasting, then metal or ceramic is the way to go.
However, if you’re looking for a softer ride, then rubber or nylon may be better suited for you. Whichever type of caster wheel you choose, make sure it meets your needs and preferences so that you can have the best possible experience while working in your office chair.